Sunday, February 20, 2011

My suspect immune system

Another weekend gone by in a haze of fever, body aches, chills and dangerous trips up and down stairs.  What is going on?  I thought my immune system was supposed to help me fight off opportunistic infections without completely wrecking me.  At least it has the good grace to go off the rails when I actually can afford to be sick.  I am hoping for a healthier spring.  In the meantime, I am sitting in the wingback chair in my living room staring out the rain speckled windows at a gray February afternoon and being thankful that I was able to get myself out of bed today.  The chores abound and will have to wait until I have the energy to do more than bathe and dress myself. 

3 comments:

  1. Oh, it's February. You might as well be sick.
    I mean, I wish you weren't, but if chores is all there is to do, y'might as well feel awful and avoid them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't do chores til yer all better! Even when you're sick your writing is very lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gross. :(
    My friends have been dropping like flies recently (sick, not dead). It makes me think I should be wearing something to protect myself when I go out (something simple...like a gas mask).
    I hope you feel better soon.
    I miss you!
    xo

    ReplyDelete